Regulations and standards
The demands from consumers, retail chains and authorities have increased the pressure on food manufacturers to implement better and more reliable food inspection equipment to guarantee the safety and quality of their products. This has led food manufacturers to choose food X-ray inspection over metal detection since it enables them to fulfill and even exceed the most common food safety standards and helps to obtain new food safety certifications.
Read more about X-ray inspection systems versus metal detectors here.
GMP and HACCP as the Basis of Safe Food
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) is an important part of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) food safety system, and together they work as a basis to produce safe food.
Both of these are recognized globally and include many basic operational procedures and conditions that are expected to be met by food manufacturers, such as:
- The cleanliness of the manufacturing plant
- The adequate maintenance of the production equipment
- The use of suitable chemicals (e.g. cleaning chemicals, pest control) within and around the food manufacturing plant
- The identification and storage of waste
- The control of foreign object contaminations in the finished product
You can read more about HACCP here.
Other Requirements and Standards
While expanding their business, food manufacturers might encounter the need to obtain certain global and/or local food safety certifications such as:
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) in the United States
- British Retail Consortium (BRC) Global Food Standard in the United Kingdom
- Hazard Analysis and Risk-based Preventive Controls (HARPC) food safety system
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) program
- Retailer-specific requirements
We can help you to ensure the safety of your food products
Our X-ray inspection systems are designed for the food industry and its needs. Our systems detect foreign objects like metal, stone and glass from packaged food products. These features of X-ray inspection systems are a huge benefit for food producers, who want to reach the highest level of product safety and quality.Learn more about X-ray inspection systems